Fast, powerful portable version of Avant Browser
- Fast and portable
- Skinnable interface
- Support for mouse gestures
- Features translator, RSS reader and more
- No download manager
- Interface could be improved
Portable browsers are usually regarded as stripped-down versions of their big brothers. But in some cases, like Avant Browser Portable, it doesn't feel like a lesser browser at all.
Avant Browser Portable is a perfectly valid alternative to the traditional desktop web browser, with the additional advantage of not requiring installation. It's based on the Microsoft Internet Explorer engine and displays web pages surprisingly fast.
But Avant Browser Portable is more than just a web browser. It includes some extra nice utilities such as a built-in translator, support for mouse gestures, a basic RSS feed reader, extensive security options and an online storage service, among others.
Avant Browser Portable features a tabbed interface with a somewhat minimalist style. Despite the support for skins, this interface could be improved a bit in terms of design. Also, there's no proper download manager.
If you're looking for a portable yet powerful web browser, Avant Browser Portable may be the app you need.
- [Fix]Logout problem on some sites
- [Fix]Sometimes ctrl+f didn't work
- [Fix]Chinese Tranditional interface miscoded problem
- [Fix]Shortcuts disappeared
- [Fix]Proxy setting wasn't saved after re-logging in via File->Switch Account